How to Update Aadhar Card
UIDAI has made it simple for people to Update Aadhar Card or corrected both online and offline mode. Follow the given steps below to update Aadhar Card Address, Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email Id on the Aadhar Card. UIDAI has made it simpler for people to get their Aadhar card updated or corrected both online and offline. Here is a brief snapshot of the processes of How to Update Aadhar Card or Aadhar correction through which people can easily get their e Aadhaar card details updated and corrected. Follow the given steps below to update Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email id on the Aadaar card. The Supreme Court has upheld the constitutional validity of Aadhaar in its judgement today. Further, it is mandatory to link your PAN with Aadhaar, filing income tax return (ITR) and also applying for new PAN card. If there are spelling errors and other mistakes in your Aadhaar card details, you may be not be able to link the two. There could be other reasons why you may need to update the details in your your Aadhaar card. And one of those is if your Aadhaar becomes inactive.
Update Aadhar Card using online mode
Usually a person can update address, name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and email id on the Aadhar Card. In order to change the details of your Aadhar Card online, follow these steps to update/change/correction:
- Visit UIDAI Self Service Portal: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Click on the Proceed Button after reading the instructions carefully.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhar number.
- Enter the text verification number in the box and click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP.
- An OTP will be sent to the your registered mobile number.
- Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhar database.
- Tick the Address option and click on the Submit button.
- Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA).
- Click on the Submit Update Request button.
- In case you want to change your address, click the Modify option.
- Now tick the declaration and click on the Proceed button.
- Select document type you want to submit as proof of PoA for verification.
- Upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the Submit button.
- Read the confirmation dialog and click on the Yes button.
- Select the service provider that will be verify your details and click on Submit.
- The service provider verify your details, if the details mentioned in the form matches with the POA and forwarded your request to UIDAI.
- Your update request is then accepted and an Acknowledgement Slip is provided to you.
- The Acknowledgement Slip contains the Update Request number (URN).
Update Aadhar Card Visiting an Enrollment Center
Aadhar Card holders can get details of their Aadhar updated by visiting the Aadhar Enrollment Center as well. Read given steps for update your Aadhar Card on Enrollment Center.
- Fill the Aadhar correction form. Click here to Download
- Make sure you have enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request.
- Submit the form along with documents at enrollment center.
- The applicant is charged Rs. 25/- for every such visit to the Enrolment Centre for update or correction.
- You can get all your details including your biometric data, image, photo, mobile number, etc. updated at the enrollment center.
After successfully update request completed the enrollment operator providing a registration slip. Retained this registration slip for track your Aadhar Card Status.
Update Aadhar Card Offline Mode
You can get your Aadhar Card details updated offline Mode as well by sending the request through post to UIDAI. You can follow given step to update your Aadhar Card particulars:
- Download the Application Form: Click Here
- Fill the required details which you wish to change in your Aadhar Card.
- Get the self-attested photocopies of the documents that validate the changes requested to be made in the Application form.
Send the Application form along with documents to the postal address as mentioned below:
Post Box No. 10,
Post Box No. 99,