What is Aadhar Virtual ID?
Aadhar Virtual ID is an alternative to Generate Aadhar Virtual ID number. This is a temporary code of 16 numerals that are generated against an Aadhar number. However, the virtual ID in no case can be used to retrieve the original Aadhar card. At a time, only one virtual ID is generated against an Aadhar number. It can be generated as many times as the user wants. This revocable code is valid for at least one day and can be changed with the change in date. Don’t want to give your Aadhaar number out? Worried that your 12-digit number and data might be misused or stolen? Well, for those of you don’t want to share your unique biometric number now have an alternative in the form of the Aadhaar Virtual ID (VID). The VID will allow you to authenticate transactions and e-know-your-customer (KYC) services instead of providing your Aadhaar number.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), tweeted on April 2, that it has launched the f ..
How to Generate Aadhar Virtual ID
Aadhar Virtual ID is a 16 digit temporary code that can be used for Aadhar authentications. You can provide the UIDAI virtual ID instead of your Aadhar number to agencies and protect your Aadhar details from being accessed by someone else. You can provide the Aadhar virtual ID to get your e-KYC done at both private and government organizations. UIDAI has started this facility that will be implemented fully by 01.06.2018. Virtual ID has been launched to address the issue of Aadhar data breach as it would become almost impossible to track the Aadhar number from the virtual ID.
You have to generate the Aadhar virtual ID to use it against your Aadhar. The virtual ID can be generated online by following steps. In case you have not registered your mobile number with UIDAI, you will have to first link your mobile number with Aadhar. The process for retrieving a virtual ID is same as that of the VID generation. To generate the Aadhar virtual ID, you can follow these steps:
Step 1. Visit UIDAI’s Link
Step 2. Enter your 12 digit Aadhar Number and security code.
Step 3. Now click on the Send OTP button.
Step 4: An OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered with UIDAI.
Step 5: Enter the OTP and select the option to either Generate VID or Retrieve VID.
Step 6: Now click on the Submit button.
Step 7: You will get a message like Congratulations! Your VID Number Successfully Generated and sent to your registered mobile.
Step 8: You will get the message on your registered mobile number mentioning the 16-digit virtual ID for Aadhar number and the last 4 digits of Aadhar, generated at 01-06-2018:11:32:12.
Advantage of the Aadhar Virtual ID
UIDAI has made various upgrades in its system through the VID. Some of the advantage of the virtual ID are:
- The virtual ID (VID) is a temporary 16 digit unique code that will replace Aadhar for authentication.
- There is only one virtual ID (VID) issued at a time. When a new VID is issued, the old one is flushed out.
- Aadhar number cannot be retrieved from the virtual ID.
- Agencies have to update their system to include VID by 01.06.2018.
- There is no cap on the generation of virtual IDs.
- It is not compulsory to generate VIDs. A person can furnish his Aadhar instead of the VID.
- Agencies cannot force applicants to provide Aadhar number for e-KYC or verification.
- Agencies have to take consent from the user for authentication using VID.
- No agency is authorized to store the virtual ID or any other Aadhar details taken for authentication.
- The virtual ID is valid till the user generates a new one.
- When you retrieve your Aadhar, the last generated VID is sent to the registered mobile number.